Join our team
Rue Belliard 4-6/8
Brussels, 12 March 2021.
Job Announcement: Project Assistant for advocacy projects, half-time, two months
Job Title: Project assistant for advocacy projects
Reports to: Head of Advocacy
Remuneration and Benefits: According to the SDA Church wage scale
Contract Term: half-time employment for two months (mid-March – mid-May 2021)
Deadline for applications: 21st March 2021
Address for applications: email@example.com
TASKS of project assistant (job description)
• Assists head of advocacy in management and coordination of advocacy projects (Education summit, Art contest, observance days, …)
• Coordination of advocacy activities within the ADRA network in Europe
• Plans the events (co-create masterplans for events)
• Coordination and cooperation with speakers and facilitators of the events (information sharing, coordination of engagement, invitations, …)
• Coordination and management of technical and IT support for the events (selection of providers, webpage management, application forms, …)
• Coordination and management of marketing and communication of projects (planning and implementing activities, developing resources, publishing, branding of the event, cooperation with ADRA International and designers in developing the resources for projects, …)
• Coordination and management of attendees/participants (registration of participants, creation of mailing lists, communication and information sharing, thank-you letter, …)
• Analysis of feedbacks from participants
• Developing publication (collecting documents and articles from speakers and experts, providing grammar support, working with a designer, publisher, …)
• Any other task linked to advocacy work and projects of ADRA Europe
Education of the Candidate:
• Recommended having a degree as Secretary, Administrative or any related field
• Fluent in oral and written English
• Knowledge of any other European language is desired
• Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Advanced administrative skills
• Basic understanding of project cycle management
• Understand the SDA Church organizational System
• Have an interest in and aptitude for cross-cultural ministry.
• Initiative and self-motivated
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• High level of problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan.
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
• Appropriate qualifications and/or experience in international development would be an advantage
Careers at ADRA focus on what we call the 3 C’s. If you are a connected, courageous, and compassionate professional, your dream job may be waiting for you here. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits, plus the chance to make a true impact with a talented team.
This is your chance for a life-changing experience. ADRA Connections is our short-term volunteer program that takes you into the field to make an impact for communities in need.
No experience necessary!