Reaching more than 6 million people in need
Since April 2022, ADRA Ukraine has worked with the UN World Food Program to provide emergency food assistance to the population affected by the conflict in Ukraine. In more than nine months, until the end of 2022, the project team reached more than 6,4 million beneficiaries from 13 regions of Ukraine and distributed 36,439 tons of food assistance.
“We would like to express our gratitude to our local partners, namely public organizations, local authorities and state executive authorities, for fruitful cooperation within the project on the provision of food assistance,” ADRA Ukraine wrote in their statement.
During the Christmas and New Year holidays, ADRA Ukraine gave 4710 gifts to children from the most affected areas of Ukraine. The children in Kherson, Kharkiv, Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia regions received packages of toys and clothes.
In the last nine months, ADRA Ukraine delivered the following:
- 15,6 million loaves of fresh bread in 7 regions, namely in Sumy, Poltava, Odesa, Zaporizhzhia, Chernihiv, Donetsk, and Kharkiv.
- Almost 161 thousand basic food packages, weighing 3–8 kg in 7 regions, namely in Sumy, Zaporizhzhia, Chernihiv, Mykolaiv, Kyiv, Kharkiv and Kherson.
- 1,8 million general-purpose supplemented kits, weighing 17–22 kg in 13 regions of Ukraine: Sumy, Poltava, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolaiv, Chernihiv, Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kharkiv, Luhansk, Kherson and Cherkasy.
- Almost 180 thousand packages of baby food weighing 2 kg for children aged 6 to 23 months in Sumy, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolaiv, Chernihiv, Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kharkiv and Luhansk regions.
- Two hundred one thousand food certificates of 80 euros in more than 2,6 million euros for the 55,969 beneficiaries of the Chernihiv and Sumy regions.