The Seventh-day Adventist church will commemorate forth World Refugee Sabbath on 15 June 2019.
A shocking 68 million people are currently refugees or displaced people. Not one of them chose to live the life they have been forced to follow.
Yet it is not all bad news! Churches, individuals and charities, often supported by individuals, business or government funding, have been reaching out to refugee communities. In the midst of past, real traumas, they give hope. We give hope!
Since 2016 we have told their stories. This year we will tell them again, but with a difference. We will focus on destination countries – the lands where refugees are settling or want to settle. In a fascinating documentary we will tell the story of how concerned and loving people, communities, churches and ADRA, are helping people settle in their new communities, learn the language, catch up on education, adapt to new cultures, and learn to value the land they can now call "home". This program gives hope.
You, too, can demonstrate hospitality in your community in several ways:
• You can download and disseminate the advertisement
for the documentary.
• You can download and use the message (sermon notes): Hospitality: a reminder of grace and blessings.
• You can download social media posts and banners: World Refugee Sabbath_Bulletin Insert English.
• You can share the promotional Video.
• You can sign the petition sign here.